For Immediate Release: Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Contact: Bill Gibbons, 708.932.6123, Bill.Gibbons@Uber.com
Uber and Friends of the Riverwalk Team up with Holy Holy BBQ for Mac & Cheese “On Demand” ahead of Riverfest, Mayor’s Mac & Cheese Throw down
(Tampa, Fla.) – Uber and Friends of the Riverwalk have teamed up with Holy Hog BBQ to deliver FREE Mac & Cheese in the downtown Tampa area from 11am 2pm this Friday, April 29th. Get a taste of last year’s winner of the Mayor’s Mac & Cheese Throwdown to help get ready for a weekend of Riverfest fun.
“RiverFest is a celebration of opening the River to the People with the completion of the Riverwalk. Friends of the Riverwalk is committed to activating the Riverwalk with first class free public events, and I couldn’t be more excited for the great line up of events for RiverFest 2016, including the first ever Hot Air Balloon Glow, which is sure to be spectacular sight Saturday Night!” said Troy Manthey, Board President of Friends of the Riverwalk.
Here’s how to get your Mac & Cheese:
- Open your Uber app on Friday starting at 11am.
- Slide over to the Mac & Cheese option in your slider.
- Tap “REQUEST MAC” in the middle of the screen.
- Once connected, your snack will be on its way!
What You’ll Get:
Uber will deliver you a sampler pack of Holy Hog Mac & Cheese. Oh yeah, and it’s free.
The Delicious Details:
- Please request from the downtown Tampa area. Check the app starting at 11am to see Mac & Cheese as an option on your slider.
- Demand will be off the charts – check back often if your request is unsuccessful.
- We’re keeping this open until supplies last. Stay hungry and try again!New to Uber? Sign up here with promo code RIVERFEST to get $15 off your first ride! Uber will donate $5 to Friends of the Riverwalk anytime a first ride is taken with the RIVERFEST code.
Uber is evolving the way Florida moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make communities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers.
About Friends of the Riverwalk
Friends of the Riverwalk is a nonprofit organization working in tandem with the City of Tampa to transform downtown’s waterfront into an active, pedestrian friendly environment for commerce, transportation, entertainment and fitness all to enhance the city center. While the city, as our public partner, is responsible for the design and construction of the Riverwalk, Friends of the Riverwalk plays a leading role in the generation of resident and tourist use through events, natural partner involvement and overall marketing of the Riverwalk. We also raise funds for Riverwalk enhancements such as shade structures, docks, more educational opportunities and entertainment venues. Through private participation and matching grants from Hillsborough County, the Historical Monument Trail has taken shape along the Riverwalk.